Christian counseling benefits:
- Feel comfortable and secure as you share your beliefs.
- Find solutions based on Biblical values.
- Eliminate worldly distractions as you seek God-centered answers.
- Learn how to apply Christian values in your home.
- Enrich your relationships at home and on the job.
- Strengthen your spirituality and your faith.
- Experience God's healing touch in your life.
God can soothe your pain, relieve your anxiety and comfort you in your distress. He can lead you to joy and peace. As a Christian, you know these things are true, and yet it can sometimes be hard to find your way. Modern society often doesn't support the values and beliefs that can be essential to living a healthy spiritual and emotional life. A faith-based therapist can be the answer you are looking for.
God doesn't promise us a life without difficulties, however He promises to never leave us or forsake us. With counseling, you can learn to handle your problems while focusing on God's purpose for your life. You can find the answers you need in a safe setting.
If you are considering Christian counseling, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you want to discuss your problems with someone who shares your faith in God?
- Do your friends suggest solutions that are contrary to your morals and religious beliefs?
- Have you found that secular therapists base their counseling methods on different values than your own?
- Are you seeking answers that stress Christian beliefs instead of worldly wisdom?
- Have you found that your pastor or church elders do not have the resources or the training to help you with the issues you are facing?
- Do you avoid talking to your church community about your problems because you fear you will be criticized or judged?
- Do you want to learn how to incorporate your faith into your relationships at home and on the job?
Life's challenges can cause us to wonder how the problems we face each day fit into God's plan for our future. As a faithful Christian, you may struggle at times to put your beliefs into practice as you tackle everyday difficulties. In those times of trouble, you don't have to travel alone.
I understand your desire to make God a focus of in your life as you confront your problems and seek the right solutions. I offer faith-based counseling grounded on Biblical principles, allowing you to find answers that embrace your Christian faith. Schedule an appointment today.
Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2
Why do people seek therapy?
People choose therapy for many reasons. Some are facing an unexpected crisis, such as a divorce, a death in the family or a dramatic lifestyle change. Others want to explore their personal attitudes, emotions or childhood issues in an effort to launch positive changes in their lives. Still others are trying to conquer stress, anxiety or other problems that are preventing them from finding the joy in their daily lives.
What can therapy do for me?
Therapy can help you to find solutions to problems that are holding you back in life. Through counseling, you can explore issues from your past and begin to set goals for your future. Therapy can help you to clear your mind so that you can realistically appraise your life and make positive changes. You also can learn effective problem-solving techniques, helpful communication methods and other valuable skills.
What can I expect during a session?
Therapy gives you an opportunity to speak to a caring professional about your concerns and begin taking steps to resolve your problems. Counseling sessions are 50 minutes in length, and weekly visits typically are recommended to start and can be adjusted based on your needs. It is important for you to spend time between sessions working on the issues discussed each week.